Thursday, March 15, 2012

Two's a charm?

I just finished IUI #2 and am wishing and hoping that it is a success. 
Last cycle the IUI took place on a Sunday so the Hubs and I had a nice relaxing day, stopped for breakfast while the sperm was washed, and we saw lots and lots of little signs that it was going to work! But it didn't.
This time due to crazy work projects, The Hubby wasn't even there for the IUI :( he had to drop his sample and run! Aside from that, all went well. I saw the sperm shoot in there with my own two eyes, I even gave them a little pep talk before the doctor came in since Hubby wasn't there to do it himself :) 
Last time there was no mention of sperm count, but this time she said it was slightly low before washing, but improved afterwards to 26 million and 95% motility. I haven't had much luck finding normal numbers for post-wash count...anyone have some expertise on this? 

All thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc welcome! Now starts the waiting!

9 comments:

  1. Well 26 millon and 95% motility is a great number. Good luck on your 2 ww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed on one of your previous post that you were involved in a study? When we first started out, our RE's office had a study the were participating in called the Amigos Study. We were chosen to get the injectable along with our iuis. Just curious what study you were involved in, if any?

      Delete
    2. Us too! Amigos with injectables. so far we're really happy with it...now if only we could get some results :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck!!! I go in for my 2nd IUI tomorrow morning :) Baby-Dust to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pep talks are the best! Glad everything went smoothly! Swim spermies SWIM! Hoping and praying this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh...boo to waiting!!! Fingers are crossed that this is your month....thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete