Saturday, March 3, 2012

March Photo Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Domestic


My Husband once said to me, "Do you know one of the things that I love about you? It's not something that I would have looked for in a wife, but it makes me really happy that you're so homey. I love that you love baking and you're really good at decorating, and you throw an amazing party."
It was one of the best and most unexpected compliments I've ever gotten because it was completely out of the blue and just popped out of his mouth one night when I was baking. Like he had been pondering it while watching me. Love him.

I've been quite domestic lately. Winter does that to me. I'm trying my hand at baking bread this week, lovingly starting my "starter" for the last two weeks. We've also been making ice cream on a far too frequent basis since we got an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas! 
I snapped this photo when we were making Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Ice Cream. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe how similar we really are!! I love to decorate, throw parties, and while I am not a fan of cooking, I am a huge fan of baking! Its so nice your husband was able to recognize those things in you! Never tried making ice cream before, sounds like fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sweet when they come out of nowhere with something so different, but amazing.

    ReplyDelete