Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Photo Challenge: Day 25

Sparkle:

I realized when trying to find something to fit this prompt, I don't have a lot of sparkle in my life. I'm not a glittery gal I suppose. Everything I own is more...ummm...not sparkly. 
I have to say though, the two bits of sparkle I own are my favorite. 
One is my engagement ring, picked out by my One and Only. The other is my wedding band, a hand-me-down from my grandma. Everything about it is perfect, in all its imperfections. Not one of the diamonds is the same size and the platinum is banged up delightfully from many years of wear and tear; only three of the years being mine. 


4 comments:

  1. I love the way you shot this photo. My engagement ring was an heirloom and I love it so much more because it has a story and a life before me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love how it was handed down. My Hubby bought me an engagement ring because I already had the engagement ring that was handed down. It was originally my Great Great Grandmothers ring and my Dad had given it to my Mom. She gave it to me years ago. I can't wait to have a son so he can propose with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this photo is gorgeous! i am just working my way through them, you're very talented!
    I have given you a blog award! come check it out on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete