Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Ovaries Are Present and Accounted For

First off, welcome if you're here from ICLW! I haven't participated in a while, but it's fun to be back!

My ovaries are there, and I'm starting to really feel them.
I can't say that it's uncomfortable yet, but it's getting there. I remember from my IUIs that prior to ovulation I always felt kind of like...this. But I still have a while to go before retrieval, so I'm not sure how I'm going to feel that day! Like a balloon ready to pop, maybe!

If you're new here, check out my My Infertility Timeline and My IVF Timeline . But here's the short version: 
The Hubby and I have been married since 2009 and TTC since 2010. We tried 4 injectable IUI cycles last year and are now on day 7 of stims in our first IVF cycle.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before my IVF "vacation" and I am so excited to be able to kick back and enjoy some much needed downtime as I watch my stomach bloat :)

10 comments:

  1. Hello from ICLW! How nice to be in the middle of a cycle! Good luck with the IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW! Wishing you all the best with this cycle and hoping it ends in a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog! And thanks for being a few days ahead of me so that I know what I am in for!! :-)

    I never felt my ovaries for IUIs (probably b/c I only took 50mg of Clomid and never did injectables) so I'm sure once I start stimming it's going to feel really weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through ICLW and now following your journey...fellow Nor Cal IFer. :) Good luck with your current cycle. I'm about a month behind you before I start IVF attempt #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW! Good luck with your IVF cycle. I'm in the 2WW of my 3rd IVF. Fingers crossed for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You actually get an IVF vacation? Ugg, I had to juggle everything around my work schedule. I did, of course, take the day off for egg retrieval but that's it. That would be really nice to not have to worry about anything but relaxing and focusing on the IVF. I wish you the absolute BEST of luck and am crossing my fingers that it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH! Good luck with your IVF!!! We also did a bunch of IUIs before having success on our first (and only) IVF cycle. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from ICLW. So happy to have found your blog! I'm also from NorCal and I also have to have a uterine septum resected. Will be cheering for you during your IVF cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Found you through ICLW.... Look forward to following your journey!

    http://thebirkelands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete