In preparation for IVF I purchased the Circle and Bloom CDs.
I have to preface this by saying that I do not meditate. I do not do yoga. I am not that "zen".
It's not that I am not capable of sitting still or that I'm not hippie enough for it all, because I have plenty of hippie bones in my body and I love me some relaxation time.
I just normally get bored. My mind wanders; I have things to think about that push all those calm, zen thoughts to the back burner.
This Circle and Bloom thing is no joke. I am a convert. I am a mediation-loving fool.
I am actually excited to get in bed every night and turn on the CD because it is SO relaxing.
So relaxing that most nights I am asleep before the end of the 15 minutes is up...but I think that in itself is good for making my body baby ready, right? :)
I have been listening to the pre-cycle sessions so far and will start CD 1 tonight. Both The Hubby and I are thoroughly enjoying them as an end to our evenings. I highly recommend!
Saturday was my last pill, today my *hopefully* last period started, tomorrow is my baseline ultrasound, and 8 more days of work before I start my "IVF vacation" as I have started referring to it. So excited!
Any cycle buddies out there?
Circle + Bloom got me through some serious moments of anxiety! I'd listen to it in the car to and from work as well as in bed before going to sleep, and it really helped to center me and calm me down. So glad it's helping you too! How exciting, you're so close to the big week!!!
ReplyDeleteI am planning on purchasing that as well. I'm not a mediation-type person, but after reading Alice Domar's book, I downloaded a few tracks and have been enjoying listening to them as I sleep.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, yet I feel so excited for you! I can't help but read your blog very often and I'm looking forward to hearing all about the IVF process. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen your uterus is no longer empty, will you be changing the name of your blog ;)
I'm here a little early for iComLeavWe and just had to say thanks for the head's up! I am so non-zen and have taken full mind/body for infertility courses and was seriously the flunkee. I will try anything at this time because goodness knows I need it!!
ReplyDelete