Appointment today went well, still lots of follicles, getting closer, but one more day until trigger probably. I left feeling great, calm.
Then I got the call from the nurse.
Estradiol is 4238.
No mention of anything weird from her, just instructions to stop my Gonal-F but continue with Lupron and Menopur at the same doses.
Then came google.
And it seems that the estradiol level is high.
No call from Dr. Tran.
And now I'm freaking out, thoughts of cancelled cycles and OHSS swimming through my head.
Google be damned!
Anyone out there with good stories of kind of high estradiol levels prior to trigger? I've been obsessively scrolling through blog posts trying to see if anyone mentioned what their levels were with no luck. My appointment tomorrow cannot come soon enough.
My estradiol was 5336 (33 follicles) and I was just fine for that retrieval no cancellation! My latest IVF last year in March my estradiol was 3563 the day before trigger so I am sure it went up and I was worried as well, my RE said he only worries if it gets to be 6,000+ before trigger.. I think you will be JUST fine! I think you are gonna have some great follicles!
ReplyDeleteWith my first IVF cycle my estradiol was around 4,000 and something the last day of monitoring. I decreased one of the meds and just took the other. I can't remember if it was the Menopur or Follistim but took one more night and then triggered the next day. I did not develop OHSS. Just make sure you are drinking gatorade and eat some salty foods. Sending many thoughts that things continue to go well!!!
ReplyDeleteI did not ask my E2 levels during my cycle because I didn't want to worry but later I got a peek at my chart and they were in the 4,000 range around trigger (33 follicles). I did not have OHSS though I did feel extremely tight, bloated and uncomfortable for about a week following retrieval. Do not worry!
ReplyDeleteMy E2 level two days before trigger was 4,863 and retrieval went ahead as scheduled. Mild, mild case of OHSS but honestly...it really wasn't a big deal at all. You'll do just fine!!
ReplyDeleteI think you're okay. What might happen if they're worried about OHSS is they might freeze whatever you get and you have to wait, which is a pain, but it's not getting cancelled.
ReplyDeleteRegarding OHSS, if you are anything like me you will be obsessing about developing OHSS even after your retrieval. I was convinced that I was developing it for the 4 or 5 days following my retrieval and I was so upset that I called the nurse almost every day and she reviewed my symptoms every time and eased my mind that it was not OHSS but just normal swelling from the procedure. So the moral of the story is that it's OK to call the nurse just to be safe!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW. I have absolutely no personal experience with high E2 (certainly the opposite would be true for me). But I have heard many stories and I am hoping this doesn't turn out to be the case for you! Best of luck and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! (from what I've heard!)
ReplyDelete