First, thanks to all of you for stopping by from ICLW! I have found some fun new blogs to follow and have enjoyed reading your comments :)
I am officially done with work for now and am ready for some serious relaxation and hopefully some serious baby-making. I spoke of my IVF vacation, which happens to be just that I have tons of sick time stored up and my boss was kid enough to let me use 2 weeks of it so I could take time off this cycle. I feel pretty lucky!
I had my monitoring appointment this morning and all is progressing well in follicle land. The covering RE introduced himself to me and said, "Dr. Tran and I were talking about you yesterday. He said, 'You will be meeting Emily tomorrow. She has LOTS of follicles.'"
Awesome. I think I might start introducing myself to people that way.
I, in fact, did not know that I had lots of follicles, but apparently I do. I am generally a very inquisitive person, always asking lots of questions and then going home to research all the information. I am putting those instincts on hold. So I have not inquired as to exactly how many follicle I have and if that is what they are hoping for, and I have not obsessively calculated how many embryos I thing we'll get out of this thing.
Because it hasn't mattered in the past. It will not help me get pregnant. And I have to trust that things are on track, otherwise the RE would tell me, right? I'm trying my very best to be calm and just go with the flow because it is all out of my control. For the first time in our fertility journey, there is nothing I can do to make this work or not work. (Aside from my massive supply of supplements, no caffeine/alcohol regime, and a few other voodoo-ish tricks up my sleeve.) :)
My Estradiol was 2360 today and the counted follicles were somewhere in the range of 30. I am going back in tomorrow for another monitoring appointment and trigger is estimated to be Monday night with a retrieval on Wednesday!
For now, the plan is:
ICSI
If more than 8 embryos, we will go for a 5 day transfer of 1-2 embryos.
I am still feeling mostly very good. I would say my most noticeable side effects are the very full feeling ovaries and my constant urge to pee. Like every 5 minutes. Which seems like a side effect of the giant ovaries. The Husband is now extremely nervous in anticipation of my pregnancy pee habits.
Wishing you lots of luck for your cycle - fingers and toes are crossed!
ReplyDeleteWow! You are lucky to be able to take 2 weeks off. Good luck lady with a lot of follicles. :)
ReplyDeleteHa, that's an awesome way to introduce yourself! Hope you and your many follicles enjoy your time off from work!
ReplyDeleteGood luck this cycle! Hooray for many follicles!
ReplyDelete