Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Case of the Disappearing Symptoms

Today I am, by my calculations, 6 weeks pregnant. I think.
This "two week wait" between the betas and the ultrasound has been one of the harder I've had. I was feeling good after the betas, but then felt helpless. With no symptoms to lean on, no pee sticks to reassure me, and a whole lotta progesterone on board, I can't keep the miscarriage thoughts out of my head. Could I have miscarried but the progesterone is holding it all in? Will there be a heart rate? Will it measure on track? 
Obviously, no amount of worrying or lack there of is going to change the outcome, but I just can't help than to let it dominate my each and every thought.

The past week has been strange. I thought I had some mild symptoms: slightly tender breasts, some extra sleepiness in the afternoons, and a tinge of nausea when I woke up and when I had an empty stomach. Then yesterday...nothing. Hmph. Not sure what to make of it, but hoping I'm just a lucky lady who doesn't have a slew of symptoms. 
I also had to tell someone I was pregnant for the first time ever, my yoga teacher. I think she thought I was crazy when she asked me how far along I was and I said, "5 weeks 3 days". I felt like such an imposter saying I was pregnant! So strange.

Anyway...five more days until we either see a baby or don't.
If it's still in there...the bitty one is the size of a lentil or a sprinkle today :)

9 comments:

  1. Hoping that the next 5 days fly by for you, hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find your days full and distracting until your u/s. I'm terribly impatient so when I'm waiting I tend to make myself as busy as possible to focus on other things. It never *quite* works though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting on an u/s makes the tww seem short. Fingers crossed for great outcome. Many of the pregnant woman in my fb group said they had disappearing symptoms in early pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, Em! Keep the faith girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hesitate to use myself as a positive example (for obvious reasons), but I will say that I had basically no symptoms prior to my good, strong 7 week heartbeat read for the twins. And there were two, so they should start earlier than normal. Just know that some people wouldn't even know they were pregnant yet. Don't worry! Your little sprinkle is growing strong in there and the symptoms will come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've probably said it before, but I really didn't have any symptoms during the beginning of my pregnancy. They were basically what you described: slightly tender breasts (progesterone?), some extra sleepiness (winter?) in the afternoons (I just ate lunch?), and a tinge of nausea when I woke up and when I had an empty stomach (who knows why, sometimes that just happens). In the end, I realized the slightly off feelings I had were "my" pregnancy symptoms. I may not have had morning sickness like some of my friends, but then again, not everyone does. No matter how many times I told myself that not everyone gets morning sickness (for which I was grateful), it was still hard to believe I was pregnant and that it was still there. Enjoy (as much as you can) not feeling miserable and the u/s will come soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 more days, looking forward to hearing how your appt goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My symptoms, especially the nausea, come and go. I've had days with none & then it comes back. And I think it only started right at 6 weeks, so you're still early. Try not to worry-- I know the waiting is horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping the next few days come quickly and you get to see your baby.

    ReplyDelete