My uterus is currently, officially occupied! By an implanted little embryo!
I've been crazy quiet on the blogging front despite my mind being anything but silent.
I started peeing on sticks 5 days post my transfer. I have a bazillion and one cheapo pregnancy tests that came with a huge supply of OPKs on Amazon, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to burn through a few since my beta is agonizingly far away!
When I peed on that first stick and saw nothing, I'm not gonna lie, I thought this cycle was a bust. No symptoms, no cramping, no sore boobs, no nothing. And negative test.
The next day I saw what I thought was a faint shadow of a line. I did what any crazy, hormonal lady would do and went on a google rampage. Are the lines usually THAT light? False positives ever? What does a positive look like? (There are a surprising amount of photos of pee sticks!)
The next day it was slightly darker I thought. I also dipped a stick in water to make sure I wasn't thinking an evaporation line was a positive or something. Nope, my placebo was just solid white...promising. But still so light!
This went on for a couple more days until today, 8dp5dt, I went all out.
First I peed on the amazon stick. Then I peed on a dollar store test. Both positive but very light.
Then tonight, when I could stand it no longer...I peed on a digital. And the most beautiful word I have ever seen appeared: Pregnant.
I'm freaking out. So many thoughts are swirling in this little mind of mine. I wish so much that I didn't have to wait until next Monday for a beta. I know so much can happen between now and then, and then and the next beta, and the beta and the ultrasound. It's so hard to just be gleeful about it when it's so early. But for now, I'm pregnant and I'm going to try to enjoy every moment as if I were an ignorant, blessed fertile with no reason to believe a positive pregnancy test doesn't guarantee a baby in nine months.
This went on for a couple more days until today, 8dp5dt, I went all out.
First I peed on the amazon stick. Then I peed on a dollar store test. Both positive but very light.
Then tonight, when I could stand it no longer...I peed on a digital. And the most beautiful word I have ever seen appeared: Pregnant.
I'm freaking out. So many thoughts are swirling in this little mind of mine. I wish so much that I didn't have to wait until next Monday for a beta. I know so much can happen between now and then, and then and the next beta, and the beta and the ultrasound. It's so hard to just be gleeful about it when it's so early. But for now, I'm pregnant and I'm going to try to enjoy every moment as if I were an ignorant, blessed fertile with no reason to believe a positive pregnancy test doesn't guarantee a baby in nine months.
Yay!!!!!!! :) One step closer...so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
ReplyDeleteWoooo! About time! Congrats to you and your hubby. =)
ReplyDeleteI know, right? It's been a long time coming!
DeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Such good news! Congratulations! The word "Pregnant" on a digital test is pretty much the BEST thing ever! Wishing you calm nerves and patience as you wait for your beta!
ReplyDeleteYes, the BEST!!! Thank you!
DeleteWonderful news!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! So happy for you. Hope that baby sticks around for the long haul!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!!! Praying for a sticky baby.
ReplyDeleteI love how we use the term "sticky" so casually around here. Can you imagine if you told a fertile that you hope their baby is sticky? They would probably look at you like you had 10 heads. I'm hoping for a sticky babe too :)
DeleteHA! So true!
DeleteAWESOME NEWS!! I will be praying for a high beta next Monday!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Prayers appreciated!
DeleteWonderful, wonderful news!! Praying for you and that teeny, tiny babe!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteEMILY!!!!! OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! YAAAAAAAY and I can't wait to hear your beta results. What a great way to kick off the 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteSeriously! I could scream OMG, OMG, OMG 24/7 and it still wouldn't describe how I'm feeling :)
DeleteSo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI desperately hope that you are right, and we see cute new baby pics in 9 months!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOMG I am so excited for you right now! Enjoy these days and DO NOT stress the beta or the upcoming weeks. You're pregnant! Yay, yay, YAY!
ReplyDeleteThanks! One of the nurses just called to check in on how my two week wait was treating me. When I told her I had a positive test she was so optimistic and happy that it put my mind a little at ease.
DeleteNo way!!! So excited for you!!!!! What an amazing feeling! You definitely give me hope. I start my obsessive testing this weekend after a 3 day transfer, so I hope your blessing rubs off on me! Happy 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Hoping that we'll be blogging about a whole different journey soon :)
DeleteThanks for all of your well wishes and excitement for us! Feeling so blessed :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!!!! Have been following your blog since you started it and I was so happy to see this news today!
ReplyDeleteSo so so happy for you!!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing news! Congrats :D enjoy every minute of it xo
ReplyDelete