Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Case of the Incredible, Expanding Woman

So I've gained a little lot of weight.
I don't know what the difference between the IVF cycle and this FET cycle is, but holy moly, the pounds are packing on. At least I feel like they are. I am NOT stepping on the scale for fear of depressing myself too much. Since I have no stims going on, I can exercise normally, but I still feel like no matter what I do I am getting jigglier and jigglier by the day. I know some of it is related to my diet. For some reason I have not been able to reign it in despite my best intentions. I'm blaming it on the lupron. Lupron is quite the scapegoat around these parts. 
I thought about doing a short stunt with weight watchers or something, but I'm not sure if uterine lining is at all effected by decreased caloric intake, so I'm just resigning myself to some weight gain (or at least not weight loss) until the cycle is done or I have a baby in this uterus. 
The upside is that I can't wear a bikini anyway because I have vivelle patches all over my abdomen, so I guess bring on the rolls :(

6 comments:

  1. infertility treatment has been doing a number on my figure too... hopefully its all worth it in the end~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg...all of the changes our body goes through are SO frustrating...it feels like one more thing that we can't control on this up hill journey. My fingers are still crossed that this is the lucky cycle--for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the Alora patches which are 2x 3 inches in size, bigger than the vivelle and let me tell you finding a spot to put them all when doing 4 was just nuts! I did a FET recently. I actually didn't gain weight but lost it. I gained 10 pounds after it was over from depression eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, the weight gain from IF is so unfair, amongst every other thing it brings on, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, these treatments make it difficult to lose any weight. I think as long as you are eating healthy and staying relatively active I wouldn't worry about it.

    my blog: www.auntmimi2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Think it is not expanding women it must be expanding uterus lol.
    Enlarged uterus causes can be a root cause for that.

    ReplyDelete