Deep breaths are in order. FET is on!!!
I had my first appointment in quite a while and was more nervous than I let myself believe I was. That cancelled cycle really messed with me. I was preparing myself for another cancelled cycle and another couple months of waiting. But all is well in the world and the transfer is scheduled for Monday afternoon.
My uterine lining was measured at 8.4mm, which he said was good. I have yet to obsessively google how good it is, but I'm sure that will come later...
Now all that is between me and our embryo is 5 days and some progesterone injections starting tomorrow (kind of nervous about those!)
And here's the schedule!
I'm arming myself with a heating pad and will be walking, walking, walking after the shots to hopefully help disperse the medication and avoid the painful, lumpy ass that so many of you have warned me about! Any other suggestions?

Awesome! Best of luck -will be cheering for you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Ohhh those infamous PIO injections.... Definitely walk after ;)
ReplyDeleteYay! Awesome news Emily! I know that this has been a very long time coming! Wishing you all the best on Monday!
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice, but wanted to wish you all the best! Will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Best of luck on Monday!
ReplyDeleteCongrats great news!!! The heating pad made a the difference in the world for me with the PIO injections.
ReplyDeleteExcellent news! About PIO This my 3rd round of PIO shots and it has been the least painful, by far. My HB does the injection very slowly (like annoyingly slowly) over about 60 seconds. For me it seems to cause less muscle damage. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteVery exciting!!
ReplyDeleteYES! FINALLY! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! So happy for you. Wishing you all the best!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!
ReplyDeleteJust don't forget the valium!
ReplyDeleteIts about time! Pio really isn't so bad, it just has a bad rep. Sit on a heating pad for 10 - 15 mins before injection time and keep the oil on the pad next to you during that time. It warms the muscle and the oil. It'll thin it and make it go in much easier. I had my dh do it for 8 weeks til the placenta kicked in. It only hurt me twice during that entire time and it was because of dh's error. Also massage the area afterwards with a hot rag, or you'll get those gross lumps under the skin. I never walked afterwards, just plopped back on the heating pad on a low setting with some gauze on my butt watched tv for alittle bit. It really wasn't bad and was totally worth it! After 4 years, I'm 20 weeks along with my first pregnancy. I would totally choose pio again for my next ivfs. I can't wait to see your success. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThey're really not so bad. I hate to admit this, but you get used to them. Good luck!!
ReplyDelete