Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Funk

I'm in a major funk today.
I'm 10 dpo, but have been spotting/having blood-tinged cervical mucous since 6 dpo. I suppose if it hadn't continued through, I might have thought it was implantation spotting, but that's a big, fat no.
No implantation, no pregnancy, just spotting for days. 
I tried taking vitamin B6 this month to lengthen my luteal phase, but now I'm having second thought...maybe I should have just left well enough alone, because it seems like it made it worse...or at least didn't help. 
I have no idea what is going on with my body and I'm pretty bummed that IUI #3 was not a success. We're giving it one more shot, and then what? How did this become my life? I seriously did not see this coming. 
I naively thought that hubby and I would be the ones that IUI solved the problem. Whatever that problem is, since they've never really found anything. I truly thought it was going to work. Ugh.

PMS really is an infertile's worst enemy. Not only am I facing the fact that I am not pregnant, but I'm also completely hormonal and bloated. Super.

16 comments:

  1. When I was taking b12 to help lengthen my luteal phase, it took a few months for me to notice a difference. Maybe next cycle you will see some sort of change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bummed IUI didn't work. I remember how devastated I was when it didn't work for me. Hope you get in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same optimism for IUI but had no luck. At my support group all the women are going through IVF. We all voiced the same frustration over IUI - it's expensive and really just a shot in the dark (pun intended!). I'm sorry this cycle is looking like a bust. Maybe next month will be different. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it doesn't seem to be working out. That really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get crazy spotting too and B6 seemed to make it worse for me as well. Are you taking progesterone? That is the only thing that has stopped my spotting. I feel the same frustrations over IUI, I always thought we'd be one of those lucky couples that it would work for and now we're left wondering what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain, I also thought IUI would solve our 'problem' but it seems like it's just not working out for us either. You're not alone, sending good thoughts your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that this cycle hasn't worked out... here from ICLW and thinking of you xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry to hear your cycle failed. i couldn't get pregnant at first either, turned out, the reason was that i had stage III endometriosis. after a laparoscopy i got pregnant on my second iui (second post surgery, third total), don't give up hope, it WILL happen for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emily, I'm hear from ICLW. I'm sorry this IUI didn't work out. I can understand your viewpoint. I have PCOS and I thought that I would be one of the "lucky" ones that didn't have a problem getting pregnant. I hope IUI #4 is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from ICLW! PMS is the worst. Just got done with a nasty bout of it myself. Good luck with IUI # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry it didn't work. I know exactly how you feel. I am hoping and praying so hard that IUI #4 is is for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm feeling your pain, girl. So so sorry. Take good care of yourself and surround yourself with people and things that make you feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from ICLW!!! So glad to have found your blog!!! I can completely relate. We just did IUI # 4 today and I'm just not sure how we will proceed if this doesn't work. So frustrating!!! I'm going to keep hoping for you...somehow we will make it to the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry that it didn't work and that you are in a funk and to top it off PMSing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here from ICLW. So sorry to hear about your spotting and the potential failed IUI. I am a new reader so forgive me if you've already shared this, but I was just curious if you're supplementing progesterone. For the past almost 12 cycles I'd been having days of spotting before AF arrived, sometimes 4 or even 5 days. These past two cycles I've supplemented my progesterone in my LP and AF has shown up bright and red on the day she was (sadly) supposed to. I do feel like it helped, but it was something I had to insist on with my first IUI and I only got my hands on it after I got a very low positive first beta and after days of spotting. My RE's office does not supplement progesterone with IUI cycles unless the patient expressly requests it. I can't understand why. Anyways, something to look into if you haven't already. All the best to you, I'll start following along w/your journey now. :)
    -Shelley, Tales from the Waiting Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shelley. I haven't tried progesterone because we're involved in a research study that doesn't include it in the protocol. I guess that's the downfall of free IUIs! This is our last cycle with the study, so I'm going to self-medicate with some progesterone cream and hope that helps! Good luck to you!

      Delete