Today was the big day! IUI numero tres!
Here's hoping that my one follicle was a super star and produces the best egg Hubby's sperm has ever seen...one that it just can't resist.
I didn't mind spending Easter in the RE office one little bit. Easter is all about babies and new life and eggs...throw a little sperm in the mix and it sounds just about right. Hopefully we have a little new life of my own in the works.
This weekend was a good one for me even though though it included lots of baby exposure and even a baby shower! My first nephew was born last weekend and we were finally able to make the trip to see him. I was not excited about my 21 year-old Sister-In-Law's "oops!" pregnancy announcement, but I am absolutely thrilled to be an Aunt. He was born a little early at 35 weeks and he is the cutest little thing ever.
I can't say that the visit was all sunshine and lollipops, because I was definitely overcome with jealousy a few times. But overall, I was happy with how well I took it. Probably because I am surrounded by babies at work, the harder part for me is being around pregnant ladies in all their glowing wonder. Once the baby is out, I know how to deal!
The hardest part of the whole weekend was watching my Husband hold the teeny tiny baby on his chest, tears streaming down his face. He is almost always terrified of other people's babies, but holding his Godson seemed to come naturally to him and it broke my heart that it wasn't our baby that he was holding. We have lots of friends with babies, but for some reason holding his Sister's baby really made it sink in for him how much he wanted his own. Ay ay ay, it broke my heart.
Now I officially enter the two week wait and I am already counting down the days.
Oh an Easter IUI sounds like a good omen to me! Here's to hoping your TWW goes by swiftly!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Hope this is the one for you!! =)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! May your Easter eggs be fertile ones!
ReplyDeleteEek!!! Hope this cycle ends in a big fat positive for you, sounds like you have a good attitude about it, so hopefully that makes the wait more tolerable!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you had an Easter IUI! Hoping this 2WW goes quickly and you get your Easter surprise late!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I feel your pain, pg bellies make me sad (and sometimes angry) but once the baby is out, nbd.
ReplyDelete