Saturday, March 2, 2013

OMG

There is no more appropriate term than "OMG" to make me both feel like a twelve-year-old and to describe how I am feeling right now. 

The last couple of days have been fine. Moving a little slower than my norm, but mostly back up and running. But I just had this weird full feeling in my abdomen. I have been chugging Gatorade like a mad woman and have not gained any weight since the retrieval, but I just felt weird. I woke up two nights ago convinced that my tummy was going to explode, then chugged some Mango Gatorade and tossed and turned through the rest of the night worrying that OHSS had come to get me. 

I realized last night while peeing for the umpteenth time yesterday, "Hmm. I don't think I've pooped since the retrieval. Ohhhhh." And click. It all made sense. 
I have some serious sympathy for those of you with chronic poo issues, because that was uncomfortable! 

This morning it took me about two sips of regular caffeinated coffee (my first in quite a while) to get things moving and make me a much happier girl. Mostly because I was enjoying a latte. 

And...I'm a new woman. A hopefully, back to my normal, "regular" woman. Constipation is no joke, people.

Now we are waiting anxiously to hear from the RE on our 3 day growth report!
I spoke to the nurse yesterday who informed me that it would be highly unlikely that they would transfer today based on my OHSS risk, so hopefully we have good growth!

2 comments:

  1. haha I had heard so many women complaining about constipation after the egg retrieval that I made sure to bring lots of tea with me. And like you, if that doesn't work next time I will definitely make a pot of regular coffee... constipation is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I mentioned that on your last post to beware of it, LOL! It's the anesthesia that does it! :( Glad you found a quick cure, it is the worst! FX'd for great day 3 news!

    ReplyDelete