Two more embryos made the cut. Thirteen frozen maybe-babies hanging out waiting to be put in my currently, but hopefully not permanently, empty uterus.
Okay, not all of them at once.
Does it ever weird you out that all of your maybe-babies were created on the exact same day? Does that technically make them fraternal twins...or thirteenthuplets? (I totally just made up that word.)
I am getting extremely anxious to get one back in!!!
*Raises hand* Pick me, pick me, I know! It's called:
ReplyDeleteConceptual twins or triplets are babies born following separate pregnancies from embryos that were ‘made’ at the same time as part of IVF treatment. Conceptual twins/triplets are never identical as they come from separate embryos. One or more of the babies will have been stored as an embryo in ‘deep freeze’ at the fertility clinic for months or even years after the IVF treatment.
I JUST read this the other day when researching about our upcoming FET! :)
Yes I do think it is strange! I plan to celebrate our 'donor day' - the day the donor's eggs were retrieved - and I hope I have 2 babies who share it! Fraternal twins are only twins cause they share a uterus! So I dont see why these can't be 'twins' too! Like the conceptual twin nod!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Wishing you the best of luck on your cycle!
ReplyDeleteI love the conceptual quadruplets (our situation). 13 is an amazing number!!!
ReplyDeleteWe just had this convo because a woman was online claiming she has triplets when they were each born 2 years apart in 3 different pregnancies. Twins, triplets, etc are such because they gestated at the same time during the same pregnancy in the same uterus. You have 13 lovely embies, but unless you put more than one in and carry them both to term at the same time, none of them will be twins.
ReplyDelete13 is wonderful! My SIL and her husband had IVF encouraged twins 3 years ago and still have "one baby on ice" as my SIL says! They plan on giving that baby a chance within a few years. He/she was created on the same day as his/her big bro and sis! Pretty neat if you ask me!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, 13 is such a fantastic number!!! Isn't it such a relief knowing you have so many chances "on ice"? I'm hoping this means you'll never have to go through a retrieval again!
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic news..I am so so happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodnes that is so exciting! Congrats!
ReplyDelete