Hello ICLWers!
Today was my CD11 ultrasound in preparation for my natural FET. I have one 12 mm follicle on my right ovary that is looking like it will be the winner this month. Except that it's not going to make a baby. But it will get some of the job done :) The plan is to put one nearly perfect embryo into my uterus six days after ovulation, so hopefully next week! Yippee!
I expressed my concerns about the lack of progesterone support and he said, "You want progesterone!? In your ass everyday!?" Uh, no Doc, not really...but kind of.
He explained that I will be getting a shot of HCG instead and since it lasts longer I will not need the progesterone. I haven't researched all of that quite yet, but that will come tonight. I think I'm on board after his reassurance.
So now we're back to square two. Not quite square one, where we have sex and fun, but square two where I hold my pee so I can do an OPK at the right time of day. But this time, the timed intercourse will not be important (although you better believe we'll still have it...just in case!) but so that I can then schedule an ultrasound to make sure I ovulate so they can time my FET.
I can't wait! Any FET, implantation, etc. tips?
Sending many many thoughts!!!! My FET was so much easier than the fresh cycles. I just treated it like a regular transfer. Crossing my fingers for you darling!
ReplyDeleteNo tips, but lots of luck!! Hope your little frosty implants well.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any tips either, but wanted to say good luck!!! I'm interested in the progesterone/HCG question too-- I'll have to Google that one. Just in case Oprah is right, make sure you send some positive, optimistic vibes out into the universe ;)
ReplyDeleteNo tips. Just take it easy and be positive. And remember to laugh. The hormones released when you laugh supposedly help with implantation. I prob looked like a crazy person in the recovery room laughing at a joke my brother told me 2 days prior when we were watching downtown abbey. I am in the 2nd trimester tho so I guess its not that crazy lol.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't he put you on progesterone suppositories? PIO is not the only option. I did well on Endometrin 3x/day after my IVF fresh cycle. It was easy and painless. Just needed a lot of pantiliners. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't have any advice but I am sending you lots of good vibes :)
ReplyDeleteWishing you lots of luck next week with the transfer!!
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW! Best of luck with your transfer. I certainly have no advice- my only successful pregnancy was via IUI- but I wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteMy advice is not to worry. It's pretty much out of your hands at this point, so just take deep breaths and let it roll. I was also worried about all the walking I did on transfer day and yes, had a brief moment where I thought maybe they had "fallen out," but they didn't. Sticky vibes coming your way!
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best of luck with your transfer!!
ReplyDeleteICLW #61
I 2nd the suppository comment.. Also you could ask them to check your P4 level 3 days after transfer (lots of clinics do this!) to make sure your level is high enough to support a pregnancy. At the least you could have 1 box of endometrin or crinone ready so that IF needed you have it.. If you ask your RE he will tell you (well SHOULD tell you) that having progesterone support won't hurt and it CAN help. Best of luck fx'd this is your time!!!
ReplyDeletevisiting from ICLW! No advice on natural FET cycles, although I am interested to read about it here! wishing you the best of luck on your transfer!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW - Fresh pineapple is supposed to aid in implantation. That is strange that you are not having any progesterone support. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeletehi from iclw!! I don't have any tips, but hope this is the cycle for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW! I don't have any good tips either but fingers crossed for a successful cycle!!
ReplyDelete