Hello from paradise. I am short on time (too much beaching to do!), so I'll post what I know.
The bleeding did not restart. It sort of trickled as old blood after that initial bleed for a few days and was accompanied by some mild cramping (I think, I could have just been crazy nervous and having GI cramps too!)
The first day here was incredibly stressful because I was spotting in a bathing suit, trying not to overdo anything, and just overall really freaking scared. I think I'm going to start referring to the ocean as "nature's douche" because I think it cleaned out all that old blood and I stopped spotting! Since then I have been intermittently incredibly nauseous and overall feeling exactly as I did before this bleeding debacle. I'm relieved, but still wondering what's going on in there.
Last night I started having a little cramping again, which I'm attributing to a growing uterus? Does that even happen? I'm hoping so :) I am looking forward to (okay, more like counting down the days until) I can get an ultrasound the day I get back. I just want to know, but also don't want to wish this vacation away! I contemplated looking up an ultrasound place on the island, but I feel like it is a big expense for something that I could just wait a few more days for. The Hubby was all for it, considering we can't have sex until then...one track mind.
I am doing my best to feel pregnant, because I have no reason to believe I am not. PUPO.
On that note, Thursday makes 10 weeks!
The little fetus (it's a fetus this week!) is now the size of a prune...or in the spirit of aloha, a small lilikoi (passion fruit)!

I had cramping all through my pregnancy. Pregnancy is WEIRD and there is so much changing all the time at a pretty rapid pace. What a sweet little passion friut babe you have! Your photos are some of the cutest I've seen! Hope you can enjoy your vacay!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite quotes is "The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." I really do feel better about most things after a dip in the ocean, so I hope the island life calms you down and keeps you hopeful :)
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a blast on vacation! Cute picture.
ReplyDeleteYay! Love your positive outlook. Hope you're enjoying your vacay.
ReplyDeletePUPO!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood thoughts coming your way!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the bleeding stopped! I had cramping throughout the first two weeks of my pregnancy which made me really nervous- but I was told it was my uterus growing.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in Kauai!
Hoping you are enjoying the vacation as much as possible.
ReplyDeleteHi Emily! I hope you're able to enjoy your vacation! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog whenever you get a free moment :-) My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com
ReplyDelete