We have officially been discharged from the RE. It was the most unceremonious graduation ever. I was hoping for some fanfare on the occasion of my last meeting with the dildo cam...oh well. Just a quick look at our little embryo (yes, still considered at embryo at this point? Weird.) in all its glory. All I could think was, "it looks like a gummy bear. Or a teddygram. Yes, most definitely I am growing a food item of some sort."
This speaks to my state of mind this week.
It's all about the food, ladies. I am not kidding when I tell you that I eat all.the.time.
I
did make a change after last week's carb fest because I was feeling so
terrible. Carbs definitely keep the nausea in check, but they don't do
much for my state of mind, my figure, or my overall feelings of
goodness. So this week, while I still ate my fair share of carbs, I
definitely tried to maintain a little more...balance and discretion.
Verdict: feeling way better. Not the morning all day sickness, but just overall.
Other than seeing the wee one and its little heart beating (174 bpm now!) ushering my way through week nine was much of the same.
At nine weeks, the little one is about the size of the cherry tomatoes we are growing in the garden. According to the book, it is actually the size of a big green olive, but I'm not a fan, so tomato it is!
*Please don't mind the state of my wrinkled dress. In my post-work state I had already changed into PJs and dress was in a pile of laundry before I realized we hadn't taken a picture yet :-/
SO exciting! And I love your picture idea much better than the played out chalkboard thing that everyone does. It's so cute (permission to steal if and when I every get the chance?!)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your little tomato! :)
ReplyDeletecherry tomato, how precious, love that <3
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating!!
ReplyDeleteWrinkly or not, you have the cutest wardrobe. Your cherry tomato is elongated like your itty bitty embryo! Excellent choice. Much better than an olive.
ReplyDeleteHow do you feel about graduating? Freaking out or more relieved? When is your first OB appointment?