Sunday, July 29, 2012

What a Day

Yesterday was one of those days. 

The Hubs and I went to his company picnic and we both realized pretty quickly that it wasn't the best idea. Kids, kids kids and a party geared towards...you guessed it: kids! 
The kids were not the part that bothered me. There were adorable little munchkins having the time of their lives everywhere and it was fun just watching.
What bothered me was that everyone asked us when we were having kids and through out comments like, "Just enjoy this now, in a few years you'll be stuck at the bouncy house all day". 
Ugh. 
None of his coworkers have any idea what we've been going through for the last two years, but it was the last thing I wanted to talk about as I watched their little ones frolic around. 

Half way through the picnic The Hubby logged on to Facebook to check someone's name and the first thing he saw was a friend's posting "We are expecting! Ten weeks pregnant and due in February! Etc, etc, etc..." The non-jealous type that he is kindly said, "Wow, did you know A is pregnant? That's great for them." Pause. "Ten weeks...wow. Didn't they just get married in April? How exciting." 
It's almost worse to watch his sadness than it is to deal with my own. Especially when I see how hard he tries to be genuinely happy for other people.

This morning Hubs is off on a quick business trip and I can't shake this melancholy feeling. 
12 DPO, I'm sure PMS has a little something to do with it :)

But! IVF consult on Wednesday! Can't wait to start this next step!

8 comments:

  1. Your poor, precious hubby. :(

    But yay for your IVF meeting! Hope it goes well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also felt like it was harder to deal with my husband's sadness than my own. My own I could control. His, I felt helpless. I'm excited you're moving on to IVF! It's definitely a whole new ballgame but you feel like your chances are greatly improved. I found a new motivation once we decided to do IVF. By the way, I have some leftover Endometrin and Bravelle. Let me know if your doctor prescribes these and I can ship them to you to save money. I'd just ask that you cover the shipping costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when DH and I were the only couple who didn't have kids. A "friend" went so far in telling me that we should have "rented a kid" so we could fit in.

    She officially won the dumba@* award for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I had a few ask if I wanted to borrow their kids so we could go on the giant blow up slide! Ay ay ay!

      Delete
  4. You all should consider yourselves lucky. My dh doesn't show any emotions over our struggles and its extremely frustrating. I always ask him about why he seems so stoic over things and his excuse is he's just worried about me, or that he's concentrating on the future. Worse, when his family members get pregnant, he is genuinely happy for them. Even for the idiots who said they never wanted kids, or the ones who quit their jobs, spent all their money and had to move back in with their parents to have the kid. It gets exhausting being the only one who seems to care about things. I've told my husband that he is made of stone. Try to keep in mind that if you ladies don't want a sad husband, I have the alternative and it sucks. Good luck with the ivf. Hopefully it'll be the final chapter in your infertility saga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so difficult when they finally start to show it. Almost 3 years in and my Hubby is just getting there. All this time I have been wanting to see something, anything from him and now it's just heartbreaking. YAY for the IVF meeting. Hoping everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back! Sorry your picnic had annoying people saying annoying things. Good luck with the IVF!!

    ReplyDelete