This holiday I will be sharing with both my born family and my family by marriage.
I hate to even say this because I LOVE this time of year, but I'm kind of sort of dreading it. I can't wait to spend some quality time with everyone, but I feel like it is also going to be a challenging time for me.
My Sister-In-Law is twenty weeks pregnant and a bit of a drama queen. Everything, and I mean everything, is about her. And now her baby. And she got pregnant on accident. Really? How does that happen?!
Anyway, I'm sure there will be tears, but I hope not as many as Thanksgiving :)
We have also decided that this is the time to tell our parents about our pickle of a situation and our plans to proceed with fertility treatments in the new year.
I'm not quite sure how it's going to go, but I know that I'm both dreading the conversation and looking forward to it immensely.
I feel like I have been distracted and distant all year long because my mind is so preoccupied with baby-making that I think about it a lot, but since no one has known what's going on, I don't talk about it. And then I have nothing to talk about.
I hate to even say this because I LOVE this time of year, but I'm kind of sort of dreading it. I can't wait to spend some quality time with everyone, but I feel like it is also going to be a challenging time for me.
My Sister-In-Law is twenty weeks pregnant and a bit of a drama queen. Everything, and I mean everything, is about her. And now her baby. And she got pregnant on accident. Really? How does that happen?!
Anyway, I'm sure there will be tears, but I hope not as many as Thanksgiving :)
We have also decided that this is the time to tell our parents about our pickle of a situation and our plans to proceed with fertility treatments in the new year.
I'm not quite sure how it's going to go, but I know that I'm both dreading the conversation and looking forward to it immensely.
I feel like I have been distracted and distant all year long because my mind is so preoccupied with baby-making that I think about it a lot, but since no one has known what's going on, I don't talk about it. And then I have nothing to talk about.
Good luck with telling your parents. I hope you get nothing but an outpouring of support and you will have the weight lifted off your shoulders.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you; hope it went well and you're feeling relieved to have shared. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteHow did it go with your parents? My husband and I are at the one-year mark and beginning fertility testing, but have yet to tell any of our family, aside from his brother. I just don't think I can take all the well-meaning advice and pity.
ReplyDelete