I didn't think making babies would be so painful.
I'm not even talking about the emotional pain and stress of the process, because that's a whole different post.
I'm talking about the pokes, pricks, stirrups, cramping, et cetera that are, literally, a pain in the uterus.
Today I went in for a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), the last step before we will be referred to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. And then I'm sure the testing will resume.
I've had a ridiculous slew of lab draws in the last year, The Husband has become quite friendly with the plastic cup, and my lady parts have been examined from every possible angle. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain; I am no sissy when it comes to medical tests, but all of this poking and prodding doesn't feel good.
The Radiologist who performed the test today said, "Oh, you've already had a sonohysterogram, this should be a piece of cake." Hmm. That's not what I'd call it, Doc. Because I like cake. And I don't particularly like the feeling of having my uterus and fallopian tubes filled with contrast to the point that they feel like they're going to burst. To each his own, I guess :)
If there's an upside to all this testing, I think it might be that by the time I have my baby, the morning sickness, swollen feet, and backaches might not seem so bad!
I'm not even talking about the emotional pain and stress of the process, because that's a whole different post.
I'm talking about the pokes, pricks, stirrups, cramping, et cetera that are, literally, a pain in the uterus.
Today I went in for a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), the last step before we will be referred to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. And then I'm sure the testing will resume.
I've had a ridiculous slew of lab draws in the last year, The Husband has become quite friendly with the plastic cup, and my lady parts have been examined from every possible angle. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain; I am no sissy when it comes to medical tests, but all of this poking and prodding doesn't feel good.
The Radiologist who performed the test today said, "Oh, you've already had a sonohysterogram, this should be a piece of cake." Hmm. That's not what I'd call it, Doc. Because I like cake. And I don't particularly like the feeling of having my uterus and fallopian tubes filled with contrast to the point that they feel like they're going to burst. To each his own, I guess :)
If there's an upside to all this testing, I think it might be that by the time I have my baby, the morning sickness, swollen feet, and backaches might not seem so bad!
Ugh, I feel you. The SHG was a snap compared to the HSG! I remember the nurse saying that if it hurt they would inject the dye slower, but I swear that doctor slammed down that plunger as fast as he could. I wish he had fallopian tubes so I could return the favor.
ReplyDeleteHopefully this will start giving you some answers!
Here via LFCA and wanting to welcome you to the IF community! Wish you didn't have to be here and hoping your journey will be short and filled with success!
ReplyDeleteMo
@theelusivesecondline I know! They said the same thing to me, but I swear he just pushed that plunger harder. Maybe there need to be more female radiologists...
ReplyDelete@Mo and Will Thanks! I'm wishing the same :)
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you! I was thankfully asleep during my HSG for endometriosis surgery (not so thankful), so that was one prick/poke/prod I got to miss, but there have been oh-so-many others. lol.
ReplyDeleteI hope your results come back clear. And I like cake too!
(I found you from Mel's LFCA)
O boy I remember my HSG. Was not fun at all. They said my cervix was in a strange position which I had never heard from any other Dr, so they had to "realign" it with some type of tool. Then when they injected the contrast my uterus really didn't like it and started to contract really hard and tried to push all the tools out that were attached to me. The Dr actually thought I was pushing and told me to stop LOL! Hope your lady parts are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteYou Must be having some enlarged or bulky uterus and that might be the reason for this one
ReplyDelete