Another cycle, that is.
The spotting started. Oh, the spotting.
The spotting that always at first triggers the "OMG, is this implantation?" moment. And then it keeps going and feels an awful lot like a period feels. And then then period comes. With the tears.
My hubby and I have started welcoming my period with two of my favorite things. First we usually open a bottle of champagne. After abstaining from most alcohol for four weeks, we're ready to pop the bubbly. If we can't celebrate a pregnancy, we might as well drown our sorrows in our favorite alcoholic beverage without worrying about how it's going to affect sperm count or eggs for a night or two.
I also always use my period as an excuse to indulge in a latte or two or three. I am a big, big coffee fan. I am not a regular coffee drinker and never have been, but I love a good, quality espresso from my favorite neighborhood cafe.
Do you have any start of the cycle rituals?
I don't really have any start of cycle rituals, except maybe to drink more black tea than I do during the 2WW. I might think about an alcoholic drink, but I don't really drink.. lol
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you and your hubby have a great one though.
We are pretty similar. We get a bottle of peaty Scotch. And I go back to drinking high test coffee and ignoring spinach and brussel sprouts.
ReplyDelete