Saturday, September 14, 2013

Traveling Citrus

I have officially entered my second trimester and I cannot believe that it is true. I have made an effort to enjoy every moment of this time, but I have to say the queasiness kind of distracted me from that mission :) so now I am reminding myself of that and trying to stay present. Because it is FLYING by! 

This week was pretty monumental for me. I no longer can button any of my pants so have been wearing mostly dresses  and heavily utilizing the belly band! Love that thing... I mean, when else can you pull off walking around with your pants unbuttoned? I also had two people ask me if I was pregnant. For a split second I thought about saying, "no, just fattening up" because seriously (!!!!) who in their right mind asks someone if they're pregnant?! That is stupidly brave. And I was totally stoked, because maybe I don't just look way fat! 

We have also told almost all of the " more than just Facebook" friends in our life, so that has been so much fun!
In case inquiring minds do want to know...week 13-14 also brought a lot of peeing ( just as the book said it would decrease), a wicked headache, some little pulling sensations in my pelvic area ( more growing pains perhaps?), and a real, live pregnancy glow. Or maybe not a glow, but at least the dull, tired, hormonal skin of IVF has passed and I'm back to normal? Not sure, but definitely noticeably better in the derm department.

 
The little bambino is now the size of a lemon and had his/her first trip to NYC. It was quite hard to find a lemon and has been even harder to squeeze in a photo in the daylight hours, so excuse the crappy iPhone selfie. 

4 comments: