This was a BIG week in baby land.
Yesterday I hit 13 weeks, which in some circles counts as the start of the 2nd trimester. I think it officially starts at the end of the 13th week, but who's counting? Okay, I'm totally counting.
The NT scan went great and we got to spend almost a full hour looking at our babe due to some positioning snafus. Pretty surreal and most definitely amazing. We got some great videos and pictures (including a couple 4D that totally creep me out usually, but ended up actually being pretty cool)
| I have no idea why it's upside down... |
We also found out that our risk of Trisomy 21 is 1 in 10,000 and Trisomy 18 1 in 100,000...seems like good news to me. I know this does not rule out everything, but as a NICU nurse I was having the tech look at everything she could see. Even got a little gender prediction out of her! I'm trying not to hold onto it because 13 weeks is too early to know for sure, so I'm not even putting it out into the blogosphere for now :)
Aside from all of that excitement...
I pulled out my belly band for the first time yesterday and I am officially starting to get sideways glances from people because there is a definite bump there, but no one has the courage to ask. Smart people. We will be all the way announced by the end of next week because I am making a trip to the East Coast to visit extended family and wanted to share the news with as many people in person before making it public on facebook and at work.I can't wait!
Also...almost NO MORE nausea!!! Hallelujah! I'm hoping I can resume a more normal eating pattern now and lay off the ginger snaps :)
Baby is the size of a small apple this week. Plucked this "baby" off our backyard tree :)

How exciting, happy 13 weeks!
ReplyDeleteEEEEEEEE!!!! Awesome news about the nuchal scan!!!! So excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear the "reveal" stories. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappiest 13 weeks to ya! I love your creative weekly pictures!
ReplyDeleteYay for apples, and lucky number 13! I'm stoked for the gender reveal. I can't believe you're holding out on us!
ReplyDeleteYay for 13 weeks! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhoop!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteVery very awesome!!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that little apple! And how perfect that it came right from a tree in your backyard :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I can't wait to hit the 2nd trimester mark[I'm about 3 weeks behind you]!
ReplyDelete