Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sensitive

Apparently I have a *delicate* system. Great.
Cycle day 16 and I've been spotting for 4 days. No ovulation? What?
I checked in with my RE who said my body is probably just trying to get itself back together after 4 cycles of Menopur and encouraged ovulation. "Some people's systems are just more sensitive than others."
She also suggested that I take a pregnancy test...just in case. Maybe my beta was too early and I'm having pregnancy spotting? No such luck.
Even though the Hubby and I decided to not "try" I was still secretly OPKing because I'm a control freak like that and was excited that I would ovulate before he left for his business trip. Hey, maybe the 19th month would be THE ONE!
This is my plan being thrown out the window. 
I think the universe is either telling me that it's time to give up this control thing. Or maybe it's telling me that I should spend an exorbitant amount of money on IVF.  Dunno.

5 comments:

  1. It's completely normal for your body to take a little while to re-boot after 4 months of menopur cycles. It's ridiculous that your doc made it sound like you have a weirdly sensitive system. Most of us have a 4-6 wks of wonkiness, post-cycle, while our bodies re-adjust to normal hormone levels. As for the control thing, I've often wondered if my IF is just the Universe's way of trying to teach me that I have way less control over things than I want to admit. Stupid Universe. Good luck on whatever your next step is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going through the same thing! I think my body just doesn't know what to do after being on Menopur for so long. I think I've been getting a pretty clear message lately to let go of the control over this process. No matter what I do, it just isn't in my hands to decide what happens. It's a hard lesson though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see a new post from you! I hope that what to do becomes clear soon. Know that you have people rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry :*( I went through the same thing for 2 mo's in a row after 4 mo's of Femara, Estrace and Tamoxifen (all BFNs). CD16 (mo 1) and CD22 (mo 2) spotting and super short cycles. Sending *Baby dust* to you!

    ReplyDelete