Friday, November 15, 2013

Feeling the Burn

Week 22 brought heartburn! 
Apparently I have never had heartburn before, because I wasn't even sure what it was when it arrived. I'm still not quite sure that it isn't acid reflux...if that's different from heartburn. Anyway, it's here and I'm eating lots of tums. 
I have to say, despite the heartburn, I am feeling better physically than I have since this little embryo implanted in The Uterus Formerly Known as Empty. I have lots of energy, I am now clearly pregnant and not fat, so I don't feel so gross, and all in all everything is hunky dory around these parts. Another bonus that any infertile who has been pregnant even for a moment might be able to relate to: now that I can feel her moving around, I know almost hourly that she is still there. If only the movement was palpable in the first trimester, it would save so much cray cray.
I totally thought that my pre-prego wardrobe would stretch further into the weeks than it has. Even my long shirts are getting short, and no one wants to see a flesh-colored belly band popping out the bottom of my shirt! So shopping it is.

And! The baby is the size of something other than squash this week :)


Yes, I'm totally in pajama pants. Husband was was definitely instructed to leave those out of the picture. Clearly, photography is not his day job...
 

4 comments:

  1. I have always considered the uncomfortable feeling that you can't quite swallow with a slight burny taste acid reflex where as heartburn is more of a pain in the sturnum, more indigestion type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!! I can't wait to feel movements. I agree, it would definitely save a lot of cray cray!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable. Good luck with the acid reflux!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had bad heartburn starting just a few days after implantation. It sucked!!! It's pretty much the same thing as acid reflux, if not the exact same thing. Pain in your chest where you think you might be having heart problems, yucky taste in your mouth, can't eat acidic foods and it makes you not want to eat in general. After 3 months I caved and my OB wrote me a script for Pepcid so it was really cheap and I was able to take it twice a day and keep it under control. And my kids turned out normal, so there you go! Tums didn't do shit for me. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete