If anyone (besides me) is counting, I am 3 days post IUI. I'm starting to itch with anticipation already.
I feel like the last four months have just zoomed by because I have literally been counting down the days each cycle, waiting for the next thing, whatever it might be...starting meds, next monitoring ultrasound, IUI, two week wait, etc. Kind of a yucky way to live life, always waiting for the next thing, never really living in the moment. Hmm. Must try to remedy this.
But I still need some distractions.
My friend posted this a while ago and I decided to give it a try myself. It's nice to think about me sometimes. The me that I am/was before fertility dominated my life.
***
If I was a month, I’d be November.
If I was a day of the week, I’d be Sunday.
If I was a time of day, I’d be dusk.
If I was a planet, I’d be Earth.
If I was a sea animal, I’d be a breaching whale.
If I was a direction, I'd be West.
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a tufted velvet arm chair.
If I was a liquid, I’d be fresh-squeezed lime juice.
If I was a gemstone, I’d be a diamond. 'Cause that's how I roll.
If I was a tree, I’d be an olive tree.
If I was a tool, I’d be carpenter's ruler.
If I was a flower, I’d be a ranunculus.
If I was a type of weather, I’d be a crisp Fall day.
If I was a musical instrument, I’d be a classical guitar.
If I was a color, I’d be a creamy white.
If I was an emotion, I’d be contentment.
If I was a fruit, I’d be grapefruit.
If I was a sound, I’d be laughter.
If I was an element, I’d be earth.
If I was a car, I’d be a hybrid.
If I was a food I would be blue cheese with honeycomb.
If I was a place, I’d be a beach in Thailand.
If I was a material, I'd be cheese cloth.
If I was a taste, I'd be sweet and salty.
If I was a scent, I’d be lemongrass.
If I was a day of the week, I’d be Sunday.
If I was a time of day, I’d be dusk.
If I was a planet, I’d be Earth.
If I was a sea animal, I’d be a breaching whale.
If I was a direction, I'd be West.
If I was a piece of furniture, I'd be a tufted velvet arm chair.
If I was a liquid, I’d be fresh-squeezed lime juice.
If I was a gemstone, I’d be a diamond. 'Cause that's how I roll.
If I was a tree, I’d be an olive tree.
If I was a tool, I’d be carpenter's ruler.
If I was a flower, I’d be a ranunculus.
If I was a type of weather, I’d be a crisp Fall day.
If I was a musical instrument, I’d be a classical guitar.
If I was a color, I’d be a creamy white.
If I was an emotion, I’d be contentment.
If I was a fruit, I’d be grapefruit.
If I was a sound, I’d be laughter.
If I was an element, I’d be earth.
If I was a car, I’d be a hybrid.
If I was a food I would be blue cheese with honeycomb.
If I was a place, I’d be a beach in Thailand.
If I was a material, I'd be cheese cloth.
If I was a taste, I'd be sweet and salty.
If I was a scent, I’d be lemongrass.
***
I'd love to see your "If I was" lists!
I fully remember those living for the next whatever it was. It's such a hard thing to not do while TTC and especially with treatments. It always feels that there is only the next thing to look forward, almost as if we could control something.
ReplyDeleteI love this "If I were" list, I'm thinking about it for myself right now. :)
I've set my list to publish tomorrow (Friday). :)
DeleteI totally live for each little step. This month though it has been nice to get away from it. I hope you can find some more distractions. This list is cool! I am going to do it!
ReplyDeleteWomen often say how becoming a mother is a life-changing event. People understand that. There's never any doubt. But what about those dealing with infertility? No one seems to get that it's, too, life changing. I think it's normal to have it become a majority of life, but I am glad you are able to step away and take some time to think of you. You know, YOU. Not "that person who can't get pregnant." That's very healthy!
ReplyDeleteWishing you the best on this round.
Thanks Wendy, that is very true. I think I've changed more in the last 18 months (but who's counting?) than I did in my whole life prior. For the better? The jury's still out. Hopefully when all is said and done and I have a baby in my arms, I will look back at these times as a growing experience.
DeleteHope you are surviving the 2ww as best you can. I really hope this works for you. Since you are looking for a distraction, I tagged you in Q & A on my blog, would love to hear your answers :)
ReplyDeleteHey from ICLW! love this If I was list...might nick it for my own! Don't stop believing, maybe IUI 4 will be it!
ReplyDelete